Origins Meditation — Resolve negative early-life experiences
You can resolve your issues from their very origin: your birth.
In this evening meditation workshop, you will be guided on a journey to your soul’s origins, before you had a body on the planet. Using trance and somatic psychology techniques, you will re-write your experience of coming into a body.
Guided by Lily Rothrock, certified Birth Into Being Method Facilitator and shamanic practitioner. We will work with the plant spirit of Artemisia Vulgaris, or Mugwort, to aid us in lucid meditation.
This meditation will help you:
- Deepen your understanding of your reality
- Open yourself up to new dimensions and new possibilities, which you were not able to see before
- Transform negative experiences from your infancy
- Resolve both conscious and unconscious inner conflicts
- Access untapped resources and abilities
- Alter the emotional and behavioral patterns which cannot be controlled with intellect alone
- Create your own, new, empowering and life-affirming alternative to your original limbic imprint, which neutralizes the diminishing effects of your early conditioning
- Gain access to a much broader perspective and greater understanding of your role and place in life
- Increase your quality of connection with others
- Amplify your ability to relax and trust life
2 Dates: Wednesday, January 31st, 2018 @ 7:30 PM & Monday February 12th, 2018 @ 7:30 PM
Cost: $17 pre-register, $25 at the door
—Please register early, as space is limited.
—Do not eat a large or spicy meal directly beforehand.
—The process will take a couple hours. We will begin with an intro circle, movement to get into our bodies, then the remainder of the time will be spent laying down during a guided visualization meditation.
—Please give yourself time to integrate and ground afterwards, and drink plenty of water. Journaling about your experience also aids in the retention of the new imprint.
The limbic imprint influences:
- When you feel secure vs. insecure, regardless of objective risk level
- Your learning ability, creativity, and ability to express ourselves
- Your ability to be intimately involved
- Your capacity for friendship and happiness
- Your basic resistant to life, including apathy, overwhelm, and frustration
- Interpersonal dynamics and emotional availability with friends and family
- Your level of awareness of our own feelings and our ability to balance healthy boundaries with effective compassion for others
- Whether you are self-confident of inhibited, open or withdrawn, focused or distracted, creative or blocked
- Your financial and personal success
- The level or restraint you have in everyday life
- Some aspects of your physiology (including how women are likely to give birth)
What is the outcome of this meditation?
The meditation is designed to neutralize the effects of negative imprints by enabling you to anchor and integrate new and empowering emotional, mental, and physical reference points.
The exercise enables you to draw unconscious memories to the surface that go back to the time before, during and after your birth, and and alter the effect those memories have on you. They empower you to let go of invisible restraints, insecurities, as well as coping and defense strategies, helping let go of the protective armor you developed while being frightened or stressed. These techniques work even if you don’t know anything about your birth or whether you actually remember the events that created your level of anxiety in the first place, or even if you assume something must have happened to you that holds you back in life today.
About working with plant spirits and Mugwort:
We will work with a plant ally for this journey: Mugwort (artemisia vulgaris). Mugwort is a local herb that grows near the creek in Bidwell Park. The natives of this land consider her a powerful, sacred herb for cleansing and healing. It is widely known as the dreaming sagebrush, and aids in accessing other dimensions of consciousness, including lucid dreaming. She can increase color visualization as well as the sensation of sound, touch, smell, and taste during meditation. She is not afraid of internal darkness, and can help you get in touch with your demons. She also protects babies and aids in “crossing over” from life to death and back to life. We will burn a small amount of the plant as incense (not enough to overwhelm with smoke), and you may also hold the plant in your hand during the meditation to invoke it’s spirit to support you.
Working with the super full moon and total lunar eclipse (Jan 31 date):
This is a very special opportunity to clear internal blindspots under the light of the supermoon, which will show us our deep inner shadows with a total lunar eclipse on Wednesday, January 31. Early in the morning of January 31st, we will see the super full moon in Leo go red during a total lunar eclipse. This is a perfect time for working on the parts of us that grab away our light, and bring ourselves in harmony with all parts of who we are. The moon also governs the cycles and patterns of our feminine origins, and can stir up emotions related to being held in the waters of the womb. This will be a powerful time to gather with the intention of working through patterns that no longer serve us, to be reborn as who we truly are.